Our dancing programme
The dancing programme of the Folk Dance Group "Uniun Bal Popolar Val Badia" shows traditional Tyrolean and Austrian dances including the Schuhplattler performed by the male dancers sometimes even as a separate group. Being a cultural association we attach importance to the wearing of the traditional costume and to the Ladin identity with its own language and a naturally lived multilingualism.
Apart from the various performances in the Ladin speaking villages the group is also known in the neighbourhood and has several times moved abroad where it got in touch with the variety of popular folkloristic events.
These were some of the appointments we couldn't miss:
- Sacile and Pollenza 1986,
- Silanus on Sardinia - Arts and popular traditions 1987,
- Oferdingen in Germany - Feast of Autumn 1988,
- Vrtojba in Slovenia 1990,
- Rome on RAI 1 "Uno Mattina" 1994 and "Utile Futile" 1995,
- Rimini - National meeting of folk groups 1996,
- Cortina d'Ampezzo - Local meeting of folk groups 1997,
- Salisbury - Festival of popular culture 1999,
- Blessano di Basiliano (Udine) "Dancing among the peoples" speaking Ladin 2003,
- Warffum in Holland - Op Roakeldais 2004,
- Netzeband in Brandenburg, Germany at the Landhotel Maerkische Hoefe - South Tyrolean Specialities 2004,
- Prague - Festival of folk 2008,
- Calella in Spain - Oktoberfest 2009.
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim 2011